When you are done editing the video on iMovie, your result will be exported in MOV format. On the other hand, MOV is not so commonly used format as compared to MP4 format. Hence, people keep looking to get iMovie export MP4. Since, MP4 is a digital multimedia format that is used most commonly to store media, people tend to export iMovie to MP4. This article will help you to know how to export iMovie to MP4. Read below to know more.
Below is a detailed guide that will help you know how to export iMovie as MP4.
7. Tap the Next button, which will show the overview of the output file. Click the Next button again to continue.
8. Lastly, name the output video as per your needs.
9. Select a destination folder and wait until the process of iMovie export to MP4 is finished.
Users can also do iMovie MP4 export using the QuickTime app. This can be done by following the steps below.
5. A pop-up window will appear. Users need to enter the destination folder and filename.
6. lastly, to know how to export MP4 from iMovie using QuickTime, click Export and then select MP4 as the output format. Next, click Save.
If none of the above methods works or you wish to do iMovie MP4 export in a simpler way, then using DVDFab Video Converter is the best option you have got. This tool can help to export iMovie to MP4 as well as convert video (up to 1080p, 4K, 5K, and 8K) from one format to another. Using its Enlarger AI, the original low-res video can be upgraded by 300%, from 1080p to 4K, or from 480p to 1080p, without any quality loss. This converter can convert video to mainstream audio formats as well as has the capability of playing them on home theater and mobile devices. Below are some features of the converter:
The converter has the capacity to completely control the end video. The converter lets users with higher and specific requirements the freedom to regulate the video and audio parameters with various options.
Users can copy the entire video or any part they need, and the output audio stream and subtitle can be at their disposal. You can also compress video with the right size and quality for sharing on different platforms such as YouTube.
The converter is designed with a simple and easy UI. With the help of multi-core, the latest Intel Quick Sync, multi-threading, and NVIDIA CUDA, the converter can process any media conversion task at a faster speed in batch as compared to other options. This considerably lowers the users’ waiting time. The tool also aims to provide the best user experience.
The converter can read all popular media formats from different devices such as digital camcorders, capture cards, and Internet, and convert them between over 1000 media formats.
This ensures that the end file fits all media players and mainstream devices with its rich profile library. During conversion, the metadata of the file sources, specifically for TV Shows, will be shown in the end result. This ensures that your media server or media player software can list them clearly for effortless browsing and smooth playback.
3. Now, from the drop-down menu, tap the Choose Other Profile. Users will see Format and Device options in the profile library.
4. Users need to choose the MP4 format for iMovie export as MP4.
5. If you have higher requests for the end result, set all the audio and video parameters through the Advanced Settings.
6. Users can deeply personalize the output video with the in-built video editor as well.
7. Next, go to the Save to option and click the folder logo to choose the output directory.
8. Users can directly share the video on different platforms too.
9. Tap the Start option to convert video fast and free.
10. The tool will instantly convert the video to the target folder you have selected.
11. Also, the tool will offer you detailed progress information during the conversion process.
12. Users can cancel anytime the conversion process if they wish to.
What format does iMovie export?
iMovie exports media in different formats such as QuickTime MOV, MP4, Image Sequence, AVI, and DV.
How to import MP4 files into iMovie?
MP4 is the container that can contain different codecs such as MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Theora, H.264, DivX, VP8, AAC, XviD, and Vorbis, among others. Only the MP4 file encrypted with H.264/AAC or MPEG4/AAC can be identified by iMovie. You must convert the MP4 file with DVDFab Video Converter with H.264/AAC or MPEG4/AAC codec firstly, and then drag the MP4 file directly into iMovie.
Why won't QuickTime open an MP4 from iMovie?
MP4 is just a container that can contain different media codecs. Only the MPEG files (.m4v, .mp4,.mp3, .m4a, and .mpg) can be opened using QuickTime. Hence, you must convert iMovie MP4 to QuickTime supported formats.
Having said that, we just had a look at different methods to know how to export iMovie to MP4. Users can export the iMovie file to MP4 or use QuickTime player to export iMovie to MP4. But the best option is to use using DVDFab Video Converter. This tool can help to export iMovie to MP4 as well as convert video (up to 1080p, 4K, 5K, and 8K) from one format to another.